Red is an electrifying color. A red lip instantly turns heads, and the girl in the red dress is always the life of the party.
Even Nathaniel Hawthorne knew the value of red – it was no coincidence Hester Prynne wore a Scarlet Letter on her chest.
Red naturally draws attention because of its vibrancy and power factor – and maybe, considering the current supernatural trend, because it brings to mind images of vampires and blood.
Whatever the reason, red always makes a statement. Embrace this bold color and find new ways to wear it.
Adding red to any outfit makes it a show-stopper, so here are some ideas to get you started.
Tips on how to infuse more red into your wardrobe:
1. Wear a red jacket with frilly detailing and wrap a bow belt around the waist.
2. Pucker up with two kinds of red lips: classic red or neon orange-red.
3. Wear your boyfriend’s old red shirt under a pair of childish overalls.
4. Make lumberjack plaid look fashion-forward by mixing it with tie-dye and a large leather tote.
5. Drape a bright red cardigan over your shoulders.
6. A long red military coat makes a basic jeans and shirt combo look out of this world.
7. Tie your hair into a bun and put on a red, semi-turban headband to add kick and charm to a denim look.
8. Layer a red Fair Isle knitted vest over a classic pinstripe blazer.
via How to Infuse More Red Into Your Wardrobe | The Fashion Spot.